Coiste na dTuismitheoiríCoiste na dTuismitheoirí is our parents association. This enthusiastic and hard-working band of parents supports the school in a multitude of ways. The Coiste organize events that serve and involve the parental body in the school community. The Coiste is a point of contact for parents and indeed for the staff who consult the Coiste on a range of matters. The Coiste also helps raise much-needed funds so that our children have resources that enrich their education.
We are very grateful to Coiste members both present and past for their generous service and support.
Parents’ Association Overview
Welcome to the Gaelscoil Parent Association (PA) section of the website where you can find information on what we do, who we are, and how you can get involved.
What We Do
Gaelscoil Bheanntraí has a lively and active Parent Association (PA), which plays a central role in organising regular events and fundraising initiatives, while facilitating the effective flow of information between parents and the School.
The main objectives of the PA are to:
· Support and initiate activities which enhance the school experience for all children
· Advance the aims and objectives of the School
· Provide a forum for information and discussion on matters of common and/or topical interest to parents
· Promote and support the role of parent/guardian as prime educator of their children
· To develop a spirit of co-operation and mutual support for the benefit of all.
Please see the PA Constitution for more information on the goals of the PA.
Who We Are
A new PA Committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
– Lisa Spillane
– Julia Cronin
– Juliet Hanley
How You Can Get Involved
The involvement and feedback of new parents is always welcome and forms the basis of the PA’s ongoing success. You can reach the PA Committee via e-mail at: email@example.com if you have any feedback or queries on the PA and its activities; or if you would like to volunteer on the Committee or as a helper at events.
The parent association is a partnership between the home and school that enables parents to have a more positive and active role in their child’s education.
Purpose of the Parent Association
The purpose of the Parent Association is to provide a structure through which the parents/guardians of children attending can work together for the best possible education for their children. The Parent Association will work with the Principal, Staff and Board of Management to build effective co-operation and partnership between home and school.
The Mission of the Parent Association
The mission of the Parents’ Association of Gaelscoil Bheanntraí is to provide support to the pupils, parents and staff in the nurturing and education of all our children, in an inclusive environment with the help of our local community.
The Aims of the Parent Association
1. To assist in furthering the objectives of the school.
2. To fundraise for the financial needs of the Parents’ Association and specific school projects where appropriate.
3. To provide a forum to inform and consult parents regarding school policy, plans and activities concerning the PA and to communicate parents’ views on such issues to the School Principal or nominee and the parental representatives on the Board of Management. However, the Parents’ Association will not be involved in matters relating to the internal administration of the school.
4. To encourage and facilitate the participation of parents in promoting the well-being and interests of the pupils of the school.
5. To work, through affiliation, with regional or national bodies representing parents where such affiliation would be in the best interests of the pupils, school and parents. The decision to affiliate to any such body will be at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
All parents and guardians of pupils of Gaelscoil Bheanntraí shall be deemed to be members of the Parents’ Association. Parents or guardians interested in being involved in any/all of the activities of the Parents’ Association are welcome to attend any meeting during the school year.
The business of the Parents’ Association is carried out by an executive committee comprising of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Officer. The number of the committee will be a maximum of 10.
- If you wish to contact the PA please email the secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further details on the running of the PA please download the PA Constitution.